
Amy Lynne S. is my beautiful, older sister. I have known her since the first day of my life, but probably wasn't cognizant of that fact until like 1983!! Since I was old enough to know what a wedding was, I have known Amy would be a part of it. I am not saying that the typical sibling rivalry did not exist, but when it comes down to it, I would lay down my life for my sisters.
Being the eldest girl of the Stock siblings, Amy helped lay down a lot track for her younger sisters. She had the most horrendously early curfews, was the first to start at our high school and college, suffered through mileage checks on the car, and had a lot of the latest trendy clothes to pass on to us. Let's not forget the fabulous early 90s hairstyles that she would help me with!
Amy graduated from Ladywood High School in 1993 and attended the University of Michigan where she double majored in Science and Education. It was while at U of M that she took me to my first frat party, which incidentally is 50% of the frat parties I have attended in my lifetime. I was the coolest high schooler for awhile after that!
After college Amy moved to Boston and taught at Malden Catholic High School. Visiting her in Boston was always fun and I was so envious that she was courageous enough to forge her own way in a new town. Go Amy!!
Amy is probably the most like me, or vice versa. We share many of the same goals in life, are equally as stubborn, and have really sweet Mazda 3's!! She got married last year to a wonderful man that loves her for who she is and I couldn't have asked for a better person to share her life with. For a long time she wanted to get married and start a family, but I am glad that she waited until the perfect man for her came along. Amy is such a strong person and deserves only the best in life.
There is that saying that "God made us sisters, hearts made us friends." My sisters are truly my best friends and I would not be the woman I am today without them.
I love you Amy!
Friday, May 16, 2008
My lovely bridal party (part 2)
Posted by Sara at 11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comments:
You are an eloquent writer. Just beautiful! Beautiful!
Post a Comment