
If having Amy was an obvious choice for my wedding part, then so was Marlene. My second eldest sister and the one I emulated the most when I was younger. All four of the Stock women shared a room growing up and, since I was the youngest, I usually went to bed first. What I remember most is Marlene's music. I would fall asleep to Depeche Mode, R.E.M., The Talking Heads, and The Cure. Thank you Marlene for exposing me to such great music at such an early age!
In high school, Marlene stretched every rule to the limit and by the time I got to Ladywood, most of the new rules could be attributed to Marlene. "No fishnets. No shaved heads. No combat boots. No unnatural hair colors." How could I not want to be her? I finally got to break all those rules in college though!
Marlene attended both Grand Valley State University and Western Michigan University where she graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising. She is a natural at knowing clothing for your body type. My Mom no longer buys work clothes without Marlene's input and she is invaluable when it comes to knowing which shoes to wear with what outfit. In fact, she flew in from Washington to help me go wedding dress shopping and I found my dress with her there. Nobody should have to dress shopping by herself.
Almost 3 years ago Marlene married my wonderful brother-in-law Erik. They make each other happy in a way that nobody could before. Marlene has also shown incredible strength of character by supporting Erik 110% in his pursuit of a life long goal to join the Army and during his deployment. She has a strength that many people just can't understand and I am proud that she is my sister.
Marlene has a passion for good clothes, good coffee, good music, good chocolate, and good shoes. In college she had her own radio show, for her birthday we got her an awesome espresso machine, she got a great job at Sears after moving to WA, and in life she loves her sisters and we love her. I was lucky enough to be born into a family that held my best friends and it is only logical that they stand next to me on my wedding day. I couldn't have it any other way!
Marlene Rocks!!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Bridal Party (part 3)
Posted by Sara at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment