(Tonya & Justin on their wedding day)Where do I start with Tonya? She hasn't known me since High School, isn't my sister and yet I wonder how I made it through my first 22 years without her. Tonya is just amazing person and you are lucky if she lets you get to know her. My Junior year of college I got job working at Whole Foods Market in Ann Arbor. I figured it would be a good job for the next year before I graduated and got a "real" job. Tonya started around the same time I did. I thought she was pretty cool, but we never hung out after work.
Fast forward about a year and a half. I graduated from college, was still at Whole Foods and was living back at my parents' house in Plymouth. I really missed Ann Arbor and wanted to move back with a vengeance. Mary and I were looking into getting a place together, but we figured a third person would help any sibling conflicts that could go awry with just the two of us. In walks Tonya. She is also looking for a place in Ann Arbor and we all figure, "What they hay. Let's do it!" Thank goodness we did!
Tonya turned out to be much more than a third roommate. Because of her I actually got my lazy butt out of the house. We started going to karaoke habitually, trying out our baked goods on each other and became close friends in a short period of time. She is an extremely good listener and always has the most practical, straight forward advice. Her choice in husbands is pretty good too! Because of Tonya I gained another good friend in Justin. He is a fun, easy-going guy and together they are great!
Tonya has attended Washtenaw Community College over the past few years to pursue a degree in Photography. She just has an eye for lighting and takes some of the most incredible pictures. Her and Justin have a great love for the outdoors and most of their vacations involve a forest, a tent and some good beer! They have one crazy, yet surprisingly lovable, dog Lucy and two cats, Mo and Frankie. I once had to get Frankie off the roof of our duplex...that was fun.
Tonya is currently the Associate Customer Service Team Leader at Whole Foods. That was my position before I left the company and I am so proud of her for interviewing and being offered that job. I knew she would be perfect for it, better than me in fact! She handles every situation calmly and she's got a good head on her. Working with her at Whole Foods for 5 years was a pleasure and I truly miss getting to see her everyday. Tonya can make you laugh in a second, feel better in two, and will be my friend for life.
I am thrilled that she will be a part of our wedding. I am lucky enough to have wonderful sisters and wonderful friends that are all going to be standing by my side as I marry the love of my life. Thank you Tonya for being a part of my life. I love you and am so glad that we both needed a place to live at the same time.
You are pretty sweet!!
Fast forward about a year and a half. I graduated from college, was still at Whole Foods and was living back at my parents' house in Plymouth. I really missed Ann Arbor and wanted to move back with a vengeance. Mary and I were looking into getting a place together, but we figured a third person would help any sibling conflicts that could go awry with just the two of us. In walks Tonya. She is also looking for a place in Ann Arbor and we all figure, "What they hay. Let's do it!" Thank goodness we did!
Tonya turned out to be much more than a third roommate. Because of her I actually got my lazy butt out of the house. We started going to karaoke habitually, trying out our baked goods on each other and became close friends in a short period of time. She is an extremely good listener and always has the most practical, straight forward advice. Her choice in husbands is pretty good too! Because of Tonya I gained another good friend in Justin. He is a fun, easy-going guy and together they are great!
Tonya has attended Washtenaw Community College over the past few years to pursue a degree in Photography. She just has an eye for lighting and takes some of the most incredible pictures. Her and Justin have a great love for the outdoors and most of their vacations involve a forest, a tent and some good beer! They have one crazy, yet surprisingly lovable, dog Lucy and two cats, Mo and Frankie. I once had to get Frankie off the roof of our duplex...that was fun.
Tonya is currently the Associate Customer Service Team Leader at Whole Foods. That was my position before I left the company and I am so proud of her for interviewing and being offered that job. I knew she would be perfect for it, better than me in fact! She handles every situation calmly and she's got a good head on her. Working with her at Whole Foods for 5 years was a pleasure and I truly miss getting to see her everyday. Tonya can make you laugh in a second, feel better in two, and will be my friend for life.
I am thrilled that she will be a part of our wedding. I am lucky enough to have wonderful sisters and wonderful friends that are all going to be standing by my side as I marry the love of my life. Thank you Tonya for being a part of my life. I love you and am so glad that we both needed a place to live at the same time.
You are pretty sweet!!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment