CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My lovely bridal party (part 1)


We haven't done too much with the wedding over the last week or so. We got Dave's wedding suit, some ties and some bridal party gifts. I have started my new wedding workout routine. 12 days in and I haven't cheated yet!!

In order to not abandon my new blog, I am starting a series on my bridal party. Today's will be all about my Maid of Honor, Ms. Rebecca P.!!

I met Becky in High School. We have actually known each other since Fall of 1995 when we both started as freshmen at Ladywood High School in Livonia, MI. For awhile though, she was just the younger sister of a girl who pushed me into lockers. We were both part of St. Genevieve's Youth Group, but that still wasn't the beginning of our friendship.

I think it was a poetry class we had together our Junior year that really pushed us together. One day after class Becky told me that I was going to drive with her to Ypsilanti so she could get her tongue pierced. Since she gave me no choice in the matter, and her sister still kind of scared me at this point, I went and we had a lot of fun. We were pretty much inseparable after that, despite the fact that we had two different circle of friends.

Becky then got a job working at Westborn Fruit Market with me and we made our own group of friends together. There were many nights of playing pool, playing hockey in the Westborn parking lot after hours, driving around listening to Shania Twain, Keith Sweat and Mace, and drinking coffee at Ram's Horn after ransacking Meijer's. The life of a 17 year old is really quite fascinating!

I went to college in Ann Arbor and, despite Becky's extreme dislike of the many one-way streets, she routinely drove there just so we could hang out. She has seen me through so many changes and is always there when I need her. We have cried over coffee at Denny's, she's almost kicked me out of the car driving through New York, we've memorized the lyrics to many bad songs together, and she has become a member of my family as I have become one of hers.

Becky is truly an amazing and strong woman! She put herself through Dental Hygiene school while working full-time. She is a wonderful Aunt to her 8 nieces and nephews. She is carrying on her sister's memory by participating in the American Cancer Societies Relay For Life. She is lover of animals and takes care of 3 dogs and it's either 2 or 3 cats now! She is an huge fan of Detroit sports, especially the Pistons and Tigers. She is a wonderful, loving girlfriend to Ben M. She is my best friend who loves me unconditionally. Thank goodness for Junior year poetry class!

I love you Becky and I am so happy that you will be standing by my side when I marry Dave. You have always been so supportive of me and I wouldn't want to embark in this next stage of my life without you!

Becky Rocks!!

0 comments: