
After college Jen moved to AZ to pursue a Masters in Hydrology from University of Arizona in Tucson. I was living in a duplex in Ann Arbor and we hadn't talked for quite a few months when I hit a pretty low point in my life. I called Jen. We talked as if the months were days and a just a few weeks later I was in AZ forgetting my troubles from MI. That is Jen. She has this uncanny ability to be exactly the person that her friends need. She is a great listener, can make you laugh even when you don't think you want to, and knows when you need a cup of coffee and brings it to you without even asking.
I met Jen at Ladywood High School. We had some mutual friends , but never really hung out after school. She was the basketball jock without actually being like the rest of them, Laura excluded!! I think it was Mrs. Swhamm's Pre-Calc class that really sealed our fate. For some reason that teacher sat Jen, myself and two of our friends together in a corner. I didn't learn much about Calculus, but I had a great time with JK, Laura and Beers (a girl, not alcohol).
Conveniently, JK and I both attended the University of Michigan and lived in dorms on the Hill. Her roommate was a little crazy and had every color of of sweater that J Crew ever made (totally besides the point). Anyway, we became really good friends and spent a lot of time procrastinating work together. Spanish would have been completely tedious without her!
Moving forward a few years, Jen got her Masters and moved back to Ann Arbor. Tonya was getting married so I needed to find a new roommate and ended up with 2, Jen and Heather! Heather is an addition to my circle of friends that JK met while studying in Alaska. So Heather and I found a sweet place really close to downtown and we had a happy, vegetarian household. Unbeknownst at the time, but that would be my last year in Ann Arbor and my last time living with roommates. I'm very glad it was with Heather and Jen. Jen makes me laugh and always had the coffee made on those rare mornings that she would actually wake up before 11.
Jen is a fantastic friend and I am so happy that she will be a part of my wedding day. She has known Dave just as long as I have, in fact, I think she had a crush on him at one point back in his clueless days! The last 9 years of my life have been way better than they would have been if college hadn't thrown our paths together.
Jen- we can still open that Pall Mall stand on the Hill like we used to talk about. What do you think??
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Bridal Party (part 4)
Posted by Sara at 5:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment