CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Groomsmen

So I have already written a novel on my lovely bridesmaids, but have not yet touched on Dave's side of the arbor. There will be 5 men standing next to my husband-to-be on our wedding day and they have all played a significant part in his life. I will start with his brothers.


(Stephen and Marissa stolen from Marissa's facebook)

Stephen R. is Dave's closest sibling, age-wise, and his best man at the wedding. Stephen lives in San Francisco with his wife Marissa and they are expecting twins in October. He got his MBA at UC Berkeley and works at a financial firm in the city (I think). The San Francisco Rusek's are an active bunch. If it is snowing then they are somewhere on the side of a mountain skiing. During the off season they are out living life and having fun! Stephen is a very easy guy to talk with and he made me feel like part of the family from the first day I met him.



(Abby, Sam and Chris over Christmas)

Chris R. is the oldest sibling of the clan and lives in Pennsylvania with his wife Becky and their two kids Sam and Abby. He is the first of two lawyers in the wedding party. Fortunately the Rusek family gets sarcasm and Chris delivers it well! I first met him back at our college graduation, but got to know him better over this last Christmas. I was born into a family with 2 pretty cool brothers and now I am marrying into a family and gaining two more really cool brothers!



(Brian and Andrea)

Brian S. is one of Dave's longest running friends. He lives is San Francisco with his super cool girlfriend Andrea and their two cats! I can't remember what college he went to, but he has a tattoo of it on his arm so figure it our for yourself when you meet him! Brian has a broad sense of humor and it is hard to be around him for more than two minutes without laughing. I think it is great that after so many years and different paths that when the two of them get together it is like no time has passed.



(Tom and Charisse at their rehearsal dinner)

Tom G. is the other member of the Dave and Brian trio. They have been friends for a better part of their lives. Tom lives in New Jersey and just got married on 6/6/08 to Charisse. They are both graphic designers and incredibly talented. They also have two cats. Interesting! Dave lived with Tom and Charisse inbetween undergrad and grad school. I know he really enjoyed living with one of his best friends especially throughout the Merrill Lynch years! I am really happy that Dave has such great friends like Tom and Charisse. They are pretty cool!



(Kelly and Andy)

Andy Q. is the last member of the bridal party that I get to write about. He is also the one I know the best. We all went to college together and he ended up marrying our good friend Kelly almost 5 years ago and they are expecting their first child in October! Andy went to Law School at Villanova and now lives and works near Pittsburgh. Dave lived with Andy, and the rest of our college friends, at the 514 for the last two years of undergrad. Most of our college stories involve Andy letting loose...literally! Too many times in fact! Seriously though, Andy is a super smart and loyal individual and he is a great friend to both of us.

That is my summary of Dave's men! They are all great and I am looking forward to a lifetime filled with them!

0 comments: