

So I had been debating about whether nor not to put together little bags of goodies for our out-of-town guests. It would be just another thing to put on my already too long list. However, Charisse had put some together for her wedding and I thought they were a really nice touch. It was actually the first time I had received one as an out-of-town guest. Sure, Dave ate most of the stuff within the first 15 minutes, but he managed to save a little for me!
Today I spent some time putting together some labels for the bags. I am just going to get some handled paper bags from Michael's and then slap my homemade label on the front. For my Save-the-dates I had to buy some sticker paper and I have found 101 uses for it since then. Anyway, I am going to tie the handle with ribbons in our wedding colors. I am excited! For the inside of the bag I haven't gotten past bottled water yet, but I am sure one trip to Costco will give a dozen ideas as to what else should go in them.
Today I ended my hiatus on wedding planning and got a lot of stuff done. I made the table numbers to stick onto the mason jar centerpieces. I contacted my photographer and cake baker to get copies of our contracts. I called a lady from Ann Arbor Visitors Bureau and she is sending me maps to include in my out-of-towners baskets. I printed half of our bookmarks and I started planning where our tables would be set up to include the dance floor, the cake table, place card table, gift/card table and still leave enough a room for people to get to the buffet table and get around to mingle. Martha Stewart has a really great interactive tool for helping with table set-up and placement. At first I was worried about the people in the balcony, but there are going to be 60-70 people up there so they shouldn't be too lonely.
When Dave got home from work he continued to work on our honeymoon. We are now thinking of driving back to Colorado after the wedding and leaving for our honeymoon the following weekend. That way Dave can get some work in and we can de-stress before the honeymoon. Also, it means the dogs won't be boarding for three weeks. We are going to bring them to Michigan with us for our wedding week. I am glad because I get really sad when we have to leave them at the kennel. They love it and the place we take them to is great, but I don't want them to think we have abandoned them. That's just me thinking to much.
So that is the most recent wedding update. Look for your invitations in the mail in about two weeks!!!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Wedding baskets/bags for out-of-towners
Posted by Sara at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment